Welcome to Future Select Education and Visa Services Welcome to Future Select Education and Visa Services
Ph: 0450 444 000

Ph(AU):+61 02 8057 1415
Nepal:+977 9851 33 7000
Jhapa:+977 9851 33 8000

Office info

3/39 Marion st. Parramatta
Mon-Fri: 10.00-17.00
Or by appointment

Mail Us


Skilled Visas(TEMP)


Skilled Regional (subclass 489) is a provisional visa that allows skilled workers to live and work in a regional area. You need to be nominated by a eligible relative, state or territory government to qualify for this visa. This visa is granted for 4 years and you may be eligible for permanent (subclass 887) visa once you get this visa.


482 Visa or Temporary Skill Shortage Visa is a temporary visa that allows an employer to sponsor an appropriately skilled worker for a position for which they cannot find a suitably skilled Australian. This visa allows the sponsored worker to work in Australia for their sponsor employer for up to 4 years. You can even study in Australia without government’s assistance and travel in and out of Australia multiple times until your 482 visa is valid. This visa is provided to the people depending upon the nomination filed by the employer, and their qualifications, skills and experience they have related to the nominated occupation. One can apply for 482 visa through three streams: short-term, medium-term, and labour agreement. If you have the required qualifications, skills and experience for the occupation your employer is going to sponsor you for, you can immigrate to Australia for the maximum time period of 4 years with this visa. We have immense experience in offering immigration solutions to Australia and our visa and immigration experts can help you get subclass 482 visa quickly and smoothly. Our experts are proficient enough to answer all your queries regarding the visa class 482 process which you have to follow for immigrating to Australia from India. As mentioned earlier, visa 482 is meant for migrating to Australia for filling up the positions that are not filled because the employers fail to find suitably skilled Australians for them. You need to be sponsored for this purpose and can work for your sponsor, study and travel in Australia for the time period of 4 years. You can even include your partner, your child and your partner’s child in your visa application. Your family members have to follow the same rule that you are following. There is no age limit to apply for 482 visa. You just need to have required qualification, skills and at least 2 years of experience of the nominated occupation. You need to sponsored by the authorized sponsor.
Two Eligibility Streams for the Temporary Graduate Subclass 485 Visa:Post Study Work Stream: commonly referred to as the Post Study Work Visa (PSWV). This eligibility stream was introduced in March 2013 for students applying for their first student visa after 5 November 2011
The Graduate Work Stream: criteria are similar to the 485 Graduate Skilled visa as it was prior to March 2013



There are a number of criteria which are common to both the PSWV (Post Study Work) stream and the Graduate Work Stream:

Ø  Age: The main applicant must be under 50 at the date of lodgment.

Ø  English: The main applicant must demonstrate their English language ability, either through holding certain types of passport or by undertaking an English test. Evidence of threshold English must be provided at date of lodgement

Ø  Study in Australia: You must meet the 2 year study requirement and have completed qualifications within six months of applying for the visa.

Ø  Point Test: The Temporary Graduate subclass 485 visa is not points-tested.



You can include the following types of family members in your application:

  • Spouses, defacto partners and same-sex partners
  • Dependent children

If you already hold a 485 visa, you can apply for family members to join you in Australia on 485 visas.



Duration of the 485 visa will depend on your circumstances. Gradate Work stream visas are valid for 18 months from the date of grant of the application.

Duration of the PSW depends on which qualification has been completed in Australia as follows:

  • 2 years: completion of Bachelor Degree, Bachelor with Honours, Masters by Coursework or Masters (Extended)
  • 3 years: Masters by Research
  • 4 years: Doctorate

Whilst on a 485 visa, you have unrestricted work rights in Australia.

You must maintain private health insurance whilst on a skilled graduate visa. A list of the major providers is at 485 Visa Insurance



The new English requirements for both the Post Study Work Stream and Graduate Work Stream are as follows:

  • Hold a passport from the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada or New Zealand; or
  • IELTS (Academic or General Training): overall average of 6 and at least 5 in each band; or
  • Occupational English Test (OET): B Pass in each band; or
  • Pearson (PTE Academic): overall average of 50 with at least 36 in each band; or
  • TOEFL iBT (Internet Based Test): total score of 64, with at least 4 in Listening and Reading, and at least 14 in Writing and Speaking; or
  • Cambridge (CAE): 169 overall average with at least 154 in each band.

This represents a significant lowering of the English language requirement and will be a great relief to applicants who have struggled to meet the minimum score required in each band.

A couple of Important Points to note:


  • Some skills assessment authorities (eg the Accounting Professional Bodies) require English testing for the Graduate Work skills assessment – there is no indication as yet as to whether the assessment authorities will change their English language requirements.
  • If completing the OET, the required scores have not changed.
  • The English requirements for the Recognised Graduate Subclass 476 visa are similar.


Additional applicant Charge$825
Additional applicant Charge -18$415


Submit EOI and receive invitation to apply.

Be sponsored by relative, State or territory government

Meet minimum skilled migration points test (currently 65)

Receive positive skills assessment in your nominated occupation

Have at least competent English

Meet health and character requirement

Meet Age requirements

Frequently asked questions

You must apply for the visa within 60 days of invitation.

Yes. The relative must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible NZ citizen and must be living in a designated area.

No. You must live in the designated area.

You may be eligible for permanent visa, if you have 

  • Lived in the regional are for at least 2 years, and
  • Have been employed in the regional area for at least 12 months.

Book Us Now

Book Us now for proper visa guidance.

Please select one of contact form 7 for display.